Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I had to play my heater run....

Well, I couldn't stand losing that bad beat hand the other night.  I flopped a boat with pocket 7♦,7 and another guy turns a bigger boat with Q10.  What I didn't mention was during another hand, that same night, I had pocket kings and some girl (along with 2 other guys) called my preflop bet of $55 with Q10.  There was a Queen on the flop.  I bet $75 and she still called.  I checked the turn and river where another Queen hit.  She went all-in for another ~$60 and I folded.  She showed Q10.  I figured if she called $75 , then she is a donkie and you know the saying, "dont try to bluff an idiot".  I am with Phil Hellmuth, you are an idiot to call a raise with Q10.

Anyways, I decided to visit a $1/$2 game with $5 to come in.  It is a little bigger game and felt I was still on a heater.  Within 2hrs, I had 9 large pocket pairs the previous night before and it just seem like it wouldn't end.  I just hoped that no one got lucky on me again any more.  

My feeling was right.  Last night was a continuation of great cards.  Within the first hour I had Q, Q♣   A, A  K, K and Aces again.  I won all the hands.  I finally hit a set of fives and won that hand to a guy with A9.   Then I get Aces again.  The guy I hit my set against, short stacked now, called my $55 pre-flop raise.  He spiked his set of nines on the flop.  Luckily, he only had another $60 to left.

The cards continue to run.  I get pocket kings again and then I had Kyle's hand in the big blind.  K7.  Actually Kyle's hand is  K7♥, but close enough.  The flop is K♣7♥ 7♣.  I check and one guy bets $15.  The turn is a 9 and I check.  The guy bets $15 again.  I smooth call.  The river is another 9 and I check again.  The guy bets $15 again.  I check raise another $50 and he calls.  He said he had AK.  It was a nice Big Blind special for me...

At the end of the 4.5hr session I cashed out $550 for a net profit of $289...




No comments: