Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sick night... The Silent Assassin Returns

What a sick night! Set over set.. boat over boat!!! Luckily I was on the high end of both of my set over set and boat over boat. It was just one of those nights and where I didn't play many hands but maximized the few hands (3 big hands) that I did play. I cashed out over $700 and started with $160.

My first 2 hours were fairly uneventful. I did get pocket kings twice. The first time I raised $12 and got 2 callers. The flop was 224 and I bet $35. I got one caller from early position. The turn was a 8 and he bet $35 on the turn. I re-raised to $100 and he folded. I get pocket kings again on the Big Blind a few minutes later. There were 5 limpers and I bump it to $22 all day and everyone folds and I take a small pot. A short time later I get pocket 10s. A girl pushes all in for $48 in late position. Everyone folds to me and I call. She had KQ. She does not hit anything and I hit a set of 10s on the river. I am now up to $300 in front of me.

The hand of the night: I am in the big blind and look at pocket Queens. A loose guy raises it $7 and two people behind him call including the big stack with over $800 in front of him. I re-raise another $20 to $27. I get 3 callers! Stan the host calls and says, "Just what you wanted.." I say "Not really, I would rather just have one caller.." thinking that the odds increase of someone hitting there set with more callers. The flop is Q7K. I hit my set of Queens! I bet $50. The original raiser thinks about calling and starts counting his chips. He eventually folds, putting me on AK or Aces. The button, who is also the big stack, re-raises me another $100 on top. I am not sure what he has. Maybe AK and he is trying to push his big stack. I immediately re-raise him all-in. I have $230 in front of me. The big stack instant calls and now I wonder if he has pocket kings, the only hand that beats me... He rolls over pocket 77s, he hit bottom set!!!! The river actually pairs the board with another king and its boat over boat. I take down the $650 pot and am now the new chip leader at the table!
.
The Big Blind Special: A few minutes later I am in the Big Blind again. Just a few limpers and I have 63. I am hoping for lightening in a bottle. The flop is 664. I hit trips. I don't really like my 3 kicker but I bet out $10 into a $8 pot. A fairly tight girl calls and the former big stack re-raises me to $35. I call the extra $15 and the girl calls. The turn is a low card like a 7, but now there are 3 hearts and a potential flush. I check and the girl checks. The former big stack bets $35. I don't put him on a flush so I call and the girl calls. The river is a 3! I just filled-up. I don't believe it, but I can get a big blind special every now and then. I decided to bet $100 into a pot over $200. The girl folds and the former big stack calls asking if I have a boat? I say yes... He shows pocket 44s. He flopped a boat and I river a bigger boat, sick!!!! I take down the $400 pot and now have over $800 in front of me... I am not sure why he didn't re-raise me. He flopped a boat! yet just calls my river bet! What did he put me on? There are only a few hands that beat him, yet he takes the conservative route and just calls. This tells me that he respects my play and is a solid player.
.
If you don't respect my play, then you just are not paying attention. Maybe losing the previous huge pot to me put the fear of God in him. He said early on to me that he wasn't going to play any pots that I raised. He noticed that I didn't play many hands. He should have taken his own advice and stayed out of my pots. He would have been up over $1k if he just didn't play in the 3 pots that he played with me. I generally do put the fear of God in most poker players. You just don't want to play a guy that only plays one hand every 2 hrs... lol.... The dealer, Sterling called me the "Silent Assassin..." Noticing that I don't talk much, but when I do play they generally don't see me coming. The dealer said that he was afraid of me, even tough he was just dealing... If you want a good image at the poker table, don't talk much, play tight and only show sets. If that doesn't scare them, then take there money.
.
.
.

No comments: