Friday, June 5, 2009

Thursday night Round by Round

I decided to go play poker on a Thursday work night.  It is a Round by Round game.  A round of Hold'em then a round of Omaha.  The action in Omaha is much bigger compared to Hold'em.  The hands combinations are just that much higher.  Typical winning hands are straights and flushes, with more full houses and quads showing up then in Hold'em.  The bad beats are very common.  Set over Set is the norm in Omaha, so you better have top set.  

Anyways, I was just bored and wanted to make a few bucks.  I treaded water for a while and finally hit my hand with a new guy at the table.  It was in an Omaha hand.  I had K♥, K,7♦,10♥ or in Omaha poker terms I had pocket kings double suited..  I raised to $10 and had 2 callers.  The flop is 8♥,2♦,3 with 2 diamonds.  I flopped a flush draw and bet out $30.  Ashely folded and the guy called.  The turn was  a Jack of ♦ Diamond.  I check, in case the guy turned the nuts.  He bets the pot and I figure he is trying to bluff me.   I go all-in and my second nut flush and it is good, the guy was bluffing.


No comments: