Sunday, October 11, 2009

Last week in Penang, Malaysia

This was my last week in Malaysia.  I decided to stay on Penang Island and enjoy the local sites.  I went back to Batu Ferringhi on Friday night to see the night market (Pasar Malam) .  It was about a half mile stretch of road side stands selling all sorts of goods.  If you want copied DVD movies, cheap knock-off watches, fake branded wallets and counterfeit branded purses, this was the place to be.  I didn't buy anything, just checked it out.

Saturday I slept in until well past noon.  I haven't slept in since 2 weeks ago.  I decided to head back to Batu Ferringhi beach and go Para Sailing one more time and try Horse back riding.  This time I took my camera up with and took some videos.  They said that it was only a 5% chance of getting wet, so I took the risk.  Here is a video clip of me Para Sailing..  Afterwards I went back to Gurney Plaza and saw the movie Gamer.



Sunday I decided to visit Komtar and the local shopping mall there, Prangin Mall.  Komtar is the largest building in Penang and was once the largest building in Asia at 60 stories.  I'll be in New York City in 2 weeks and will have compare the heights.   Here is a video of Komtar.


No comments: