Saturday, August 23, 2008

Poker Roller Coaster Ride!

Just got home from a crazy night of poker. It was a new 1/2 game that I found online 4 weeks ago. The guys finally got around to emailing me back and telling me where and when it was. It was suppose to start at 8pm in an office building. I got there around 9:10pm and they only had 2 players so I went to eat dinner at my favorite Vietnamese restaurant TC Noodle, on Lamar.

I returned around 10pm and played 6 handed. I bought in for $200 and quickly got up over $100. I hit a set of 33s with my first pocket pair. I also hit a pair with AK. This crazy Asian guy was raising every hand $12. Then he would make a $20 continuation bet, no matter what. I seen him buy in 4 times at $100 a pop. Then he decided to buy in for $500. He basically made himself the chip leader. He busted out a guy 2 times and before you knew it, he had over $1200 in front of him.

I finally get a hand against him with pocket 55s. He does his standard $12 preflop raise. I call. The flop is J43, with 2 spades. The maniac bets out his normal $20. I call. The turn is a 6. He bets $50. I call again. The river is a 5 of spades. I hit my set! He bets $150.. I cant put him on a flush draw, so I just call. He had 107 of spades!!! ouch!!! That hand took me for over $200 and now I am down to around $60.
.
.
I start playing tight again. I manage to win a few hands with AK and pocket 99s and work it back up over $150. Then I go card dead for 2 hrs. I am back down to around $100. Then somehow I start slowly coming back. Just winning a few pots here and there. I double up first with AJ suited in diamonds. An Ace hits the flop with 2 diamonds and I check it. A guy behind me goes all in for $89. I call, he shows A8 and is pretty much drawing to 1 out. That now puts me up to around $250 in front of me.
.
I am starting to feel that my game is turning good and I am happy that I managed to get back over break even after being down to $60. Then I get A6 suited in the big blind. Everyone limps in. The flop is A108. I bet out $20. I get one caller. The turn is a 6, so I bet out $50. The guy decides to push and go over the top of me $100. I push all in for the rest of his stack, another $100 approximately. He had AJ and my 2 pair hold up... Now I have $560 in front of me, all from the same poor guy I beat out before. I stay for another 30 minutes and give back $10. I cash out at $550, which means I made $350 in about 6 hours.. Not a bad night for me and a great comeback...
.
.

No comments: