Sunday, January 11, 2009

"I dont like playing against you.."

Home from another solid night of poker. It was a slow start for me. I did have pocket Kings early, but no action to my raise under the gun. I did hit a set of eights and flopped one full house, with pocket jacks, jacks full of twos. Some guy with AJ and a nut flush draw called me down. He hit his flush on the river and paid me off.... The flop was J22 with 2 hearts. Turn was a 7 and river was a 9 of hearts. The moral to the story is to not chase flushes with a paired board. Its not worth it....
.
The guy that paid me off (bobby) was the same guy that I felted (busted out) the night before. I had pocket Aces and he had pocket Kings. I also made a full house on that hand. I guess I just have this guys number. Before calling my pre-flop raise of $15 he said, "I don't like playing against you.." He should have folded, but instead he had to play this AJ suited.. He hit top pair, top kicker, with a nut flush draw.. I guess anyone else would have played it the same way.. To bad I had the only hand that beat him..
.
At the end of the night I was up $225, pretty good for a Saturday night of fun...
.
.

No comments: