Saturday, December 27, 2008

Vegas Trip!

Just got back from Las Vegas! Its been over a year since I last went in November of 2007. I had plenty of opportunities to go this year, but never made the time for it. I figure I better go now that I have a little time. It was a nice trip and I didn't lose money!
.
I stayed at the Tropicana. Its one of the cheapest places on the Strip. The room isn't anything special, but I don't need a fancy room, just a place to sleep and shower. It's in a really good location with the MGM Grand and New York New York right across the street. I only played Poker at the MGM and Luxor (The Tropicana's Poker room was shutdown).
.
My first night at MGM started out good. I made a quick $100 within the first hr. Then I hit a long streak of nothing cards and ended up losing $300 for the session. I reloaded another $100 after I got my stack down to around $50. Nothing was really hitting for me. No sets and a table of really tight players. I kinda felt like it was a losing night and I should have quit when I made the quick $100. I have always said, if you get lucky early then you better quit early. Its good advice, I just need to keep reminding me of this.
.
My second day I decided to try Luxor. I read that it was a pretty new room and was within walking distance from my hotel. This session did not disappoint. I hit 4 sets with two of them turning into boats. A set of Queens, 333s, 555s and 444s. I played for over 12hrs and cashed out $710. I bought it for $200 and reloaded another $100 after I got down to $80. So I netted $410! I made up all my losses for the previous night actually made some money. It was a sick session and the table was good. I have never scene so many terrible players. I saw some huge pots won with Ace high. A guy that really didn't know what he was doing called down some guy on a draw and won with Ace 4. It was sick. His stack was up to over $600 before he lost it all! Some to me and some to others..
.
On my last day, I had a 2:30pm flight. So I decided to play some poker before I left for the Airport. I played at the MGM since its a short walk from the Tropicana. I only played for 1.5hrs but made about $45. During my last hand I had pocket 88s and hit my set on the flop! No action, since it was top set and the other guys had nothing. Then right afterwards I get pocket 33s. So I have to play this. I hit my set again! The flop was 37j. I bet $15 and I get one caller. The turn is a King. I bet $50 and he calls again. The river is another King, I just filled up! I bet $75 and the guy folds!
.
Everything said, I only made about $150 for the trip. It was fun and I should have quit early the first night. And then just played the second night and it would have been a really good trip. But as with any form of fun, its good not to lose any money.
.
.

No comments: