Sunday, January 31, 2010

Rocky Start to 2010

It's been a rocky start for 2010 for my Poker playing.  2009 was a pretty good year all the way thru until November when I had my first losing month in over a year.  I managed 3 losses and 2 winning sessions.  I dont think I played badly, just ran into to many gamblers and bad luck. I have always said that my game really requires that I not run into any bad luck. This month was to much of that.  Generally, I was always ahead and they just sucked out on me.  

During my last session of the year I was getting more lucky then normal.  My rags were hitting! Open enders with 89 and 64, hitting 2 pair with 53, etc..  I usually dont like to play those hands, but I kept noticing that when I folded them, they kept hitting.  I noticed 3 times on the button that my rags were hitting 2-pair every time.  I usually dont play the button with that crap, but decided why the heck not.  Sometimes when you are hot, you just have to playing any 2 hands.  Just be careful, it doesnt last for ever and never become cocky.  This game has a tendacy to make you humble when you least suspect it.

The last session of the year I booked a $300 win.  I'll take it and hopefully the rest of the year is more steady.

No comments: